Tuesday, December 20, 2005

LFS is dead to me

Boy, been a long time since I posted here, too! Followers from my old site know about my personal side taking up so much time recently, but on the technology side, I've been keeping myself busy, too.

Since October-ish, I've been working to build a new system based on LFS 6.1. I decided to use nALFS to automate the task, and built new profiles with each build. Of course, the fact that it took me a month of fiddling to get glibc to even build doesn't count, right? :)

I finally decided I'd had enough and that I was going to convert my primary media server over from XP to Linux, so I went with Fedora Core 4. I have to say, I've been very impressed so far. Easily, Linux has come a long way to be a viable desktop OS. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say I think I could use this on a daily basis. Time will tell on that one, for sure. hehehe

I guess from this point on I'll document how things are progressing through the build, as well as any fixes and solutions I found to problems encountered. Hopefully, they'll be useful to other folks, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment