Monday, January 17, 2011

Has it really been that long?

Geez, December 1st is the last time I posted something to this? Tsk, tsk...

There are many drawbacks to doing TEDxRochester in November. First and foremost is right afterward you run face first into the holiday season with all of the fun and excitement that brings. You spend an entire year building up for that one, single day and then it happens and you let out a deep sigh that doesn't stop for two weeks. Then next thing you know, you're cooking a turkey, rushing out for those last minute gifts, rushing out of town for the holidays...oh, my!

"But", you say, "the holidays have been over for weeks?" Sure, but I work for a payroll company and it's year end. We've got W-2s that need to go out by the end of this month, which means we're pushing our already stressed systems passed their limits and stuff's in need of the kind of situational leadership my group brings to the table. Top all of that with a heavy dose of snow causing 14 of our branch locations to close and...well, I've been a busy puppy!

I've got quite a few articles started, but just haven't had time to finish them up. This article's primary purpose is to get those writing juices flowing again as I have some serious catching up to do on other projects as well. Coming up: more Ubuntu Linux stuff and a whole lot of stuff on my new love: Android!

2 comments:

  1. Right now it sounds like Movable Type is the preferred
    blogging platform out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother suggested I may like this website.
    He used to be entirely right. This post truly made my day.

    You can not consider simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete