Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful? Me? Duh!

Of course I'm thankful! How could I not be? First, I've got the greatest wife in the world. She really is magnificent. She's brilliant, she's talented, she's funny and she loves me (for whatever reason). That's not to mention that she's also drop dead gorgeous and a fantastic mom to our beautiful, intelligent and hilarious daughter..

Whom I'm also thankful for! Holy crap, I had always thought being a parent would be a lot of hard work and sleepless nights. Hmmm, maybe that's more true for my wife. After all, I was mostly in it for the spankings. But, Maeby's really made me realize how awesome it is to be a parent. Granted, I think we were really lucky and got a really good kid. I'm sure my mother would have plenty to say about the ease of raising one like me. I'm thankful her curse of "I hope you have a kid who's just like you" appears to have not taken hold. In general, that kid of mine is pretty laid back and usually listens when you tell her to do something. Usually.

I'm also grateful for my family, as annoying and wacky as they can be. They certainly add a whole lot of "color", and I'm not just talking about my father's side...

And then there's my friends, some of whom we're spending the day with tomorrow gobbling down a gobbler. But, there's some new and truly wonderful friends I've met as a result of TEDxRochester...which I'm also thankful for, but only when it's over. :)

All in all, I consider myself a very lucky guy.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling the Universe is playing a trick on you. She gave you Maeby, who is a delightful and happy child, to throw you off-track and have you completely unprepared for dealing with the next one :-) Either that, or Ms. Maeby is going to have one hell of an adolescence.

    Love, Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. My primary concern is that the next one's going to be the real trouble. We're trying to groom the Maebs to hopefully keep her sibling in line!

    ReplyDelete